BROhemian Rhapsody

Nom Nom Nompton is a group of brotato's from Norman, OK who like to experience the finer things in life.
So join us in our adventures, fine dining, and tales of mischief.
Simply put, we're connoisseurs of life.

Sunday, September 12, 2010

Home sweet home... PDX>NOMPTON.

Hulloski broskis, hoeskis, and visitorskis. I've been back home for exactly 8 days now but before I give you an update on what has been going on since my return, let me give you a brief update of my last week or so in Portland.

Monday August 30th: B-Ren calls me and tells me he will be in the next afternoon, so he and his friend Stu slumbered at my aunt's place with me for two days. I also received a text from JahnBobz later that night telling me to clear my schedule at 10:30pm CST (8:30 PDT my time) for a Skype interview with the OU Daily about our blog. I know, super cool right? By the way, thanks for the clarification on the time, Jahn.

The next two days with B-Ren was pretty bitchin'. We headed out to the Thirsty Lion in downtown Portland for a few drinks and darts. The place is huge and cool for soccer match days but that Tuesday night was dead so we left and headed to East Portland to The Nest on Alberta Street. As we were walking to the front door there were a group of thugs outside that looked dangerous and I thought we were in the wrong part of town but the vibe here was pretty legit. We walked inside to find a crowd different from what we saw outside. What a relief. The place is a cool little hipster bar with ping pong tables on the back patio, a pool table, Pac-man, $7 PBR pitchers and dope hip-hop/rap blasting away. At the end of the night B-Ren introduced me to a peanut butter and jelly tortilla wrap with some almond granola crunch inside. Don't knock it until you try it. The next day (Wednesday) we headed downtown again for some Voodoo Doughnuts, which you may have seen on the Travel Channel. Of course, the line was out the door. They've got some pretty delicious doughnuts and you can even get married there. We had one of their popular items, which was a Bacon Maple Bar (bacon on a maple bar). The doughnut was pretty moist and om Nom Nom but it could have had more bacon, in my opinion. Immediately after that we went down a couple blocks to a strip of food carts where B-Ren and I had some Mediterranean food. I totally forgot what we did the rest of the day. I must have been fazed. B-Ren took off the next day and I was only two days away from being home in Norman!!!

It may be weird to some of you but I was extremely excited and ready to be home to see my friends and work at In the Raw. I missed Norman oh so much. I got in Saturday the 4th at 1:12pm and KevyBoy picked me up to head straight to the tailgate where I reunited with all my peeps. What a great start to my return home. I began my game day adventure with a beer-bong, food and some Jameson. If you've tailgate with us, you know how we do. First of all, yelling at people across the street and in their cars to come take beerbongs was a huge success. We met a bunch of randos but its all fun and games and any Sooner fan is family. We floated two kegs, emptied a handle of Jameson and some other liquors I can't recall. After several hours of boozing we all headed to the game against Utah State, where the Sooners unfortunately performed a piss poor job. But a win's a win. The next day, Sunday the 5th, we wake up with a hangover to play some flag football. East Nompton (NomNom boys) vs. West Nompton (Old folk). Lez made the winning touchdown for us. The next day (Sept 6th) was labor day and my birthday. A quarter of a century old. FML. But hey, cheaper insurance!! JahnBobz and Probee was nice enough to take me along on their family outing at Lake Murray. KevyBoy tagged along as well. This day was a dope ending to an epic weekend. As JahnBobz and I were sore and tired from the weekend, we continued to celebrate with more food, booze, SeaDooing and swimming in the lake. We arrive back home and I crash at 7:30pm until the next morning.

Now, I'm back to working 40 hours a week with weekends off, rather than the 60 hours in the "cotton fields" in Portland. I've been rollin' up those legit chef choices at ITR for the pool of srirachas (see NomNom dictionary below) that come in and I've been hanging out with the bros. I also had one of the best Banh Mi (pronounced bUn mee, not bOn mee) sandwiches ever. There's this new place on Campus Corner called Coriander Cafe, which is at the old Monique's off of White and Buchanan. They have three different selections of entrees: banh mi sandwich (comes with meat of choice, pate, pickled daikon and carrots, cilantro and jalapenos), noodle salad or rice bowl. You get to pick your own meat with whatever dish you choose. I had the Banh Mi with pork sausage and it was delicious. Not a bad price either for being on Campus Corner. I later went back to have a noodle salad with roasted pork. I got to watch them cook everything and all the dishes are made super fresh. The pate and pork sausage is made from scratch and is a family recipe. Spring rolls are dope as well. Don't be alarmed when you see a white chef in the back. He may be a white boy, but dude has some sick culinary skills when it comes to flavor and combinations. Plus, the food still has the traditional Vietnamese flare. And be sure to order a Vietnamese coffee. Forget Starbucks, this shit will get you wired up!

This past tailgate and game against FSU was fun as usual. Keg, Four Loko (energy drink with 12% alc by volume for $2), Crown, Jameson, Rumpleminz, beerpong, beerbong, flipcup and food! The Sooners performed incredibly better than last week. And as beat as we were, Jahn and I headed home and crashed at 8 after watching The Colony. Fun Fail. Tune in for our next video... It'll be epic but most of all... Hilarious. For now, enjoy the photo dump and for some good laughs, check out our videos again.

http://nomnomnompton.blogspot.com/search/label/video%20of%20the%20day

-Cheff Jeff (Twitter: @Cheff_Jeff) (Twitter: @NomNomNompton)






Chef's Choice by DrewJones




Chef's Choice by Cheff Jeff




























250 Piece Nuggets in PDX 50/$10








0 comments:

NomNomNompton Dictionary

bro
-guy friend; commonly used in greetings.
"what's up bro?"

brotato
-similar to broseph or broski, but with a twist.
"yo sup my baked brotato!?"

brohemian
-variation of the word brother combined with the term bohemian.
"sup brohemian my brohemian compatriot in brohemianosity"

brozone
-the zone in which the people close to nomnomnompton are broed
"you are in the brozone!"

other variations of bro - bro montana, broham, brodeo, brometheus, barack brobama

lulz
-a corruption of LOL, which stands for laugh out loud.
"i did it for the lulz"
other variations - lollercombat, lollerskates, lollercopter, lolsifers, lawls

hoe
-a promiscious person. syn:slut
-a girl that is a friend of a bro
-a garden tool similar to a rake.

hozone
-the zone in which women close to nomnomnompton are hoed aka broed.
"stacy burrito is part of the hozone layer."

noodles
-when a group of 4 or more asians get together (nomnomnompton excluded)
"is it just me, or does it smell like noodles in here?"

marathon
-an act such as drinking for at least 12 hours.
"kevyboy and jahnbobz completed a marathon on 3/30/10."

sriracha
-a word to describe a hottie
"damn bro, that girl is sriracha"

gaysian
-cody dean kjellsen

*more added later
Site Meter